The Wixams settlement is a new town under construction since 2007. It was originally conceived as a town of four villages:
- Lakeview – Now complete and furthest to the East of the settlement
- Willow Grove – Under construction by David Wilson and Barratt Homes
- Village 3 will include the town centre
- Harrowden Green – Under construction and will include the Station Quarter
To the south of Harrowden Green will be the Wixam Park development, an extension to the original Wixams masterplan and also known as village 5.
Please note the images and plans on this page are not finalised and are likely to change.
The map below shows the overall plans for Wixams including many of the facilities. This map is from 2016 and some of the plans have changed.
The town centre will form part of village 3 and is currently being planned by LSP Developments. Some early images of their plans are below but please visit their website for the latest updates:
The town park has been built and is now open.
There are two planning applications associated with the Wixams station, both were approved by Bedford Borough Council in February 2023:
22/01954/MDC3 – Construction of two railway platforms, footbridge and pedestrian lifts associated with a new railway station.
22/01933/MAR – Approval of reserved matters (access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) for the construction of a new railway station building, car parking facilities associated with the station, EV charging units and other associated works and infrastructure pursuant to outline planning permission 11/01380/M73 (99/01645/OUT as amended).
You can find out more about the station from the council’s dedicated pages:
- Wixams Station Overview: www.bedford.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/strategies-and-major-projects/wixams-station/wixams-station-overview
- Wixams Station FAQs: www.bedford.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/strategies-and-major-projects/wixams-station/wixams-station-faqs
Town Centre Public Open Space
Artist impression of the public open space linking the railway station to the town centre.
The masterplan at the top of the page shows primary schools in villages 3 and 4. A single larger school will be built in village 3, here is an artists impression of the school.
South of villages 3 & 4 will be the Wixam Park development. These are two parts to this development:
MA3: To be built by O&H and has been granted planning permission
Mill View (also known as Thickthorn Park): To be built by Present Made